These double chocolate chip cookies combine the magical taste of a brownie with the addictive texture of a chocolate chip cookie. They are so quick and a huge hit for parties or gatherings! I pretty much just substitute some cocoa powder for flour in my chocolate chip cookie recipe and it works like a charm. If you’re a chocolate lover then this is the perfect dessert recipe for you.
Now that it’s spring and summer time I want to start getting more into fruit incorporated sweets and lighter option! Lemon poppyseed muffins and gluten free options are next on my list so stay tuned, my posting schedule is Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- 1 1/4 cups (184g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup (27g) Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Espresso Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup (114g) Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup (88g) Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/3 cup (85g) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1/3 cup Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips
- Flaked Salt to top
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Prepare your flax egg and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a medium bowl, cocoa powder, flour, salt, baking soda, and espresso powder.
- Cream room temperature vegan butter, and sugars to a smooth texture and then stir in vanilla as well as the thickened flax egg all with an electric mixer.
- Slowly whisk dry ingredients into wet, be careful not to over mix. When using an electric mixer don't incorporate the dry ingredients fully, leave a little bit un mixed then add in the chocolate chunks/chips and hand stir the rest.
- Scoop the dough on to your prepared baking sheet, top with flaked salt and either let them chill overnight or bake them right away! They come out amazing regardless!
*I like to add extra flaked salt and sometimes even 2 tsp of espresso powder to the dough when I want a little extra kick so feel free to experiment with the add ins!